What AWS cloud hosting is?
Nowadays, more and more enterprises opt for cloud-based IT infrastructure. It isn’t just another trend. It is a chance to take a business to another level with cloud services. That’s why enterprises not only choose to develop their new applications in the Cloud but also tend to migrate existing software there.
- – A Complete Guide to Cloud Computing Services and Key Questions Answered
- – Top 3 Cloud Hosting Solutions For Startups and Small Business
If you’re planning on adding cloud services to your enterprise applications, then you should seriously consider Amazon Web Services (AWS). So undoubtedly, Amazon is the most popular provider of cloud platforms. It leaves behind tree other tech giants such as Google, Microsoft Azure, and IBM. AWS offers a large number of products to meet your business goals. You can virtually host any enterprise applications, including networks like firewall, DNS, Load balancing, or even you can have your virtual private Cloud.
In media, AWS’s numbers seem to speak for themselves:
- – CNBC Markets: Amazon Web Services revenue grew 41% in the first quarter.
- – Geekwire: AWS revenue approaches $8 billion in Q1, up 41 percent compared to last year.
AWS enterprise application example
Let’s say you develop an application. It implies servers, web storage, and databases, that are customizable due to the system functionality and software needs.
Essentially, you have two options – to go with your own computing infrastructure and data centers or to rent access to storage from a Cloud Service Provider (Amazon in our case). In the first case, the process usually takes weeks or even months and is quite costly to purchase and maintain the hardware. Alternatively, you can get virtual hosting in just a few clicks. Instead, you’ll get a full, real-time, administrative control over the resources almost instantly and will pay only for what you use when you use it. For businesses, those savings are essential. All you need to do is to choose the instance type that fits your app.
It seems quite evident that Cloud has more advantages in terms of management, budget, and security. Besides, AWS is available to enterprises of any size at any location of the world.
What does Amazon Web Services provide?
Amazon Web Services hosting is highly beneficial for enterprise applications due to these reasons:
- Management software solutions . AWS provides more than 50 cloud infrastructure services delivered on an on-demand basis. It bringings an opportunity to explore IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, all from a single platform. IaaS includes computing power, storage facilities, databases, and other IT resources available via the Internet. Enterprises benefit from using such resources instead of local physical data centers to build and run their applications.
- The global infrastructure of Amazon Web Services. AWS serves over a million active customers in more than 190 countries and steadily expand global infrastructure to help our customers achieve lower latency and higher throughput. Today, the AWS Cloud spans 69 Availability Zones within 22 geographic Regions around the world, with announced plans for more Availability Zones and Regions. For more information on the AWS Cloud Availability Zones and AWS Regions, see AWS Global Infrastructure.
- Great support for enterprise applications. Businesses can make use of a number of different services for corporate emails, calendaring, virtual desktops, and document collaboration. These AWS features make it easier for corporate entities to meet the requirements and performance expectations of employees, while also delivering well on necessary security requirements.
The tools that you can make use of with AWS include:
- Computation. The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) services are a key aspect of AWS that helps businesses formulate quick and simple computation solutions for major problems.
- Storage. The Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) brings a fantastic scalable object storage solution that offers great backup for data, along with archiving and analytics.
- Database management. Manage your company’s database with Amazon Relational Database Service, which offers database services ranging from Oracle and SQL Server to MariaDB.
Other key services offered by Amazon Web Service hosting’s unique tools include:
- Migration and hybrid cloud
- Management and monitoring
- Security and governance
- Development tools and application services
Benefits of Amazon Web Services
- Flexible. You may adjust cloud resources as you require it. The platform allows you to select everything from programming languages to operating systems. It offers complete control to the business.
- Easy to use. AWS is designed for easy and quick hosting. You can host your particular platform on the cloud in no time and optimize it to your needs.
- Cost-effective. The only costs you have to bear when using Amazon Web Service hosting are those of computer power and storage. You just need to run the system.
- Reliable. AWS offers reliable service that is scalable and supports multiple aspects of your business in large volumes.
- Secure. Amazon Web Services are a highly secure platform that keeps your investment, and your information secure.
AWS pricing models
AWS offers a highly flexible pricing model that sets it apart from its competition. The pay-as-you-go approach allows clients to use up to 160 different cloud services and pay as they accrue the benefits. The more they use, the less they have to pay, with no additional costs coming into play.
AWS DevOps: Learn to set up your infrastructure on the cloud
AWS is one of the best cloud service providers and DevOps, on the other hand, is the ‘need of the hour’ implementation of the software development lifecycle. With AWS DevOps, you can facilitate growth in your software and utilize fantastic tools to create and establish new services with great speed. AWS DevOps guides you towards utilizing DevOps in a way that ensures growth, optimization, and effectiveness. Usually, DevOps consulting services range from fully autonomous, cross-functional teams to individual expert DevOps Engineers that can seamlessly integrate into your project to evaluate risks and identify possible roadblocks, while building an app and deploying it on the cloud.
Amazon Web Services fits enterprise application perfectly. It offers cost-effective, secure, scalable, and reliable service that you can make the most of with a large number of efficient cloud services. If you are looking for professional DevOps that will help you migrate to the Cloud or developers to create a high-performing business app, DevCom is your best choice. We will help you to accelerate the transformation to a more agile, innovative, and efficient organization with the AWS – leader in cloud computing.
Looking for cloud hosting for your project?
Contact our cloud engineers for a free consultation, to discuss your hosting requirements, and to learn more about cloud hosting packages.
Written by: Halyna Vilchynska, Marketing Lead at DevCom