In this case study, we explore how DevCom, a leading technology solutions provider, partnered with a medical assets repair and servicing company to embark on a transformative journey from their existing third-party business process management system to a custom-built solution.
Client & Challenge
Our customer, an expanding company specializing in medical asset servicing, approached us to assess the effort required to transition from their current third-party system for business process management to a more tailored solution.
DevCom suggested initiating a due diligence process as a preliminary step to understand the reasons behind this transition, evaluate the potential benefits of moving away from the third-party system, and recommend an optimal course of action.
DevCom’s experts performed a thorough analysis of the current state to explore the company’s business processes, technologies in use, and relevant stakeholders. This step was vital for future project success as it helped to validate the need for the change, define the desired future state, and assess possible risks associated with transitioning to a new system.
As a part of the due diligence project, DevCom’s experts analyzed the third-party system currently used by a customer and conducted interviews with stakeholders involved in different stages of the customer’s business processes.
As a result, DevCom provided a comprehensive assessment of the current state and defined the future state with recommendations on optimal solutions and efforts needed to achieve customers’ business objectives.
As a result of the analysis, it was suggested to develop a custom internal system designed to facilitate asset servicing business processes, which would provide the following benefits:
- ➤ Tailored Functionality: A customized system will be designed to meet the specific needs and workflows revealed during stakeholder interviews. Such optimization means that the system’s features, processes, and interfaces will be closely aligned with the company’s unique requirements, which the third-party system can not currently satisfy.
- ➤ Efficiency and Productivity: A customized system will be optimized for the company’s workflows, resulting in streamlined processes and increased efficiency. Automating repetitive tasks will reduce manual effort, leading to improved employee productivity.
- ➤ Integration: Currently, our customer employs various systems to facilitate distinct aspects of their business operations, specifically for tasks such as managing inventory, generating quotes, and handling invoicing. The custom solution enables integration possibilities to eliminate the need to switch between systems to perform different tasks, streamlining current business processes.
- ➤ User Experience Improvement: A customized system will be designed with a user-centric approach, resulting in an intuitive and user-friendly interface. This will lead to better user adoption and satisfaction among employees. This is extremely important for onboarding new personnel as it allows to reduce time to proficiency.
- ➤ Custom Reporting and Analytics: A customized system will include advanced reporting and analytics capabilities that give the company valuable insights into its operations. Customized reports and dashboards will help management make informed decisions and identify areas for improvement.
- ➤ Innovation and Differentiation: An internally customized system will be designed to include innovative features to provide the company with a competitive edge. It allows the company to differentiate itself by offering unique services and capabilities unavailable in off-the-shelf solutions.
Following the successful completion of the due diligence phase, DevCom commenced the development of tailored internal systems utilizing the following cutting-edge technologies: