Implementation of the Project Management Platform to help build energy-efficient homes
Our client is a top player in the energy efficiency testing and sustainable building science domain at a national level. They help to promote energy efficiency, sustainability, and indoor air quality in newly constructed homes.
The company assists builders in evaluating the energy efficiency, comfort, and durability of recently constructed houses, ensuring compliance with industry-recognized certifications and building codes.
Due to the growing popularity of the energy- and green-building programs and, as a result, increased demand for home assessments for compliance with such programs, the company faced increased demand for their services. Therefore they needed to streamline some of their business processes as the current flow had several shortcomings, including:
- ➤ An increased amount of time needed to process new orders
- ➤ High possibility of human errors
- ➤ Inconsistencies in the current process and data
- ➤ Lost revenue due to delays in sending Invoices for the work performed
To address the challenges, the company decided to undertake construction project management platform development and create a comprehensive solution that would enable them to handle home assessment projects from start to finish.
DevCom developed a platform that consisted of several modules supporting different business processes. In particular:
- ➤ Administration module – to manage all the needed information related to Builders, their Subdivision, Programs they use, etc.
- ➤ Invoicing module – to streamline the processes related to billing Builders.
- ➤ Scheduler module – helping to schedule home performance checks with Raters.
- ➤ Documentation module – for generation of the reports and certificates based on the results of the home performance checks.
- ➤ QA module – to ensure Raters’ work complies with standards. Integration with third-party energy modeling software (Ekotrope, REMRate) was accomplished as part of this module.
- ➤ Payment module – to manage payments from Builders and payments for home performance checks.
- ➤ Reporting – scheduled Excel reports to provide insight for daily decision-making.
The developed Construction Project Management Platform helped to
Optimize costs for
Reduce the time needed for
new orders processing
Reduced possibility of
Increased ROI as a result of